Skip to Content
Independence First Logo
Main Content

Transition Services

Many people prefer to live in the community in their own homes, instead of nursing homes and other institutions. We can help.

Independence First offers help in these three areas: 

  • Transitioning from a nursing home and other institutions into the community - We identify the barriers and solutions, such as hiring a personal care attendant or adaptive equipment. Contact Julie Alexander 414-226-8378 V/Relay
  • Institutional Diversion - We provide assistance to individuals with disabilities who are at risk of entering institutions and wish to remain in the community. Contact Gerald Hay 414-226-8135 V/Relay
  • Youth Transition - We help youth with disabilities, who have completed high school or otherwise, left school and are entering the adult world. Contact Gerald Hay 414-226-8135 V/Relay