Skip to Content
Independence First Logo
Main Content

WisLoan and Telework Loan Program

The Funding You Need for Your Independence

WisLoan + Telework are statewide alternative loan programs that allow Wisconsin residents with disabilities to finance assistive technology, home modifications, or equipment needed to become self-employed or work from home.

  • Loan amounts range from $500 to $50,000. You may apply for the amount you need, but the actual loan amount will depend on the item you purchase and your ability to repay.
  • WisLoan loans are used to purchase assistive technology or home modifications that help a person with a disability live more independently and productively.
  • Telework Loans are used to purchase equipment needed to start a business or to become self-employed.
  • Applicant can be purchasing items for him or herself or on behalf of someone with a disability.

What are WisLoan and Telework?

WisLoan and Telework are statewide alternative loan programs that allow Wisconsin residents with disabilities to finance assistive technoogy or equipment needed to live more independently and productively, or to become self-employed or work from home. 

Loans can be used to purchase the following technology or equipment, but are not limited to:

  • Wheelchairs and motorized scooters
  • Hearing aids
  • Magnifiers and other visual aids
  • Control/switches for lights, doors and appliances
  • Vehicle lifts and adaptive hand controls
  • Computers, printersa nd software
  • Scanners, fax and office machines 
  • Tools and equipment
  • Telecommunication devices
  • Office furniture

Who can apply?

  • Must be a Wisconsin resident
  • Must be at least 18 years old
  • Any individual with a disability
  • Any individual on behalf of a person with a disability:
    • Parents
    • Children and other relatives
    • Spouse
    • Personal care takers
    • Legal guardians

Contact the Independent Living Center that serves your home county for more information:

Independence First serves the Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington and Waukesha counties. Contact us: 414-291-7520 (V/TTY)

Outside of our area? Click the link to find your local ILC: